Dear friends,

I am happy to announce the release of *Information Maintenance as a
Practice of Care: An Invitation to Reflect and Share.* You can access a
copy of the white paper here: http://themaintainers.org/info-mc-work

In this piece we begin to articulate intersections of information
maintenance and care ethics in ways that are real and meaningful for
information maintainers.  By “information maintainers” we mean those who
manage, maintain, and preserve information systems.

The contributors to this document each have varied experiences with
information maintenance. We are community organizers and facilitators,
archivists, repository managers, project managers, designers, librarians,
researchers, grantmakers, educators and more. This invitation is directed
toward occupations and roles for which we feel that an understanding of the
relationship between information maintenance and an ethic of care is
especially valuable. We invite you to read, react, share and engage with
this potluck of ideas. Please circulate widely!

If you see yourself and work represented in this invitation, we ask you to
join us and contribute to the Information Maintainers community. For more
on who we are and how we work, please visit
<http://themaintainers.org/information-maintainers>
http://themaintainers.org/info-mc-about-us .

Apologies for cross posting.

Thanks,