Good morning,

The Beyond the Repository Curation Toolkit team (IMLS Grant LG-70-18-0168-18) is excited to announce the first of a short series of community feedback and discussion events on the structure and content of a toolkit to aid in the selection of content for distributed digital preservation.

We encourage anyone with an interest or experience in selecting and prioritizing content for distributed digital preservation systems, (networks in geographically dispersed locations designed to perform preservation actions), to attend to get a preview and comment on the current structure of the toolkit, and help us shape it into something truly useful for the digital stewardship community.

When:

We will hold our first online session on Tuesday, June 25th from 1pm-2pm EST via Zoom

We will hold a second online session on Thursday, June 27th, from 1pm-2pm EST via Zoom

Call info for both dates:
https://zoom.us/j/681443048
Dial in: 1 (833) 302-1536
Meeting ID: 681-443-048

What to expect during the call:

The Curation Toolkit Team will present and share our current toolkit parameters and ideas, and lead a discussion with attendees around toolkit structure, radical collaboration, and organizational and personal experiences with distributed digital preservation.

Attendees will also have the opportunity to provide asynchronous feedback via open documentation, feedback forms, or during discussion on the call itself.

Have questions before the call?
Feel free to contact the Curation Toolkit Team Chairs:

Laura Alagna: [log in to unmask]
Lauren Work: [log in to unmask]

Thanks, and we hope to see you on June 25th or June 27th!

The Curation Toolkit Team,

Laura Alagna
Corey Davis
Cinda May