On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 8:16 AM Bigwood, David <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> ORCID provides an API that can be queried by ORCID or institution name (I
> think). Has anyone written code to query the API on a regular basis to pull
> down articles by their faculty? Is it something you'd care to share? I've
> not the faintest idea of a way to write an API query.

Haven't used the ORCID API specifically, but most APIs are straightforward.
Depending on your exact needs, you might require an institutional ORCID
membership as the API capabilities are different.

We're looking at using ORCID for institutional purposes now. There are two
factors I can't wrap my mind around:

   1. Identifying ORCID IDs associated with the institution. It appears
   this requires individual researchers to formally make and and break
   associations
   2. Maintenance of the list of publications itself also requires
   affirmative action on the part of the researcher or member institution
   acting on their behalf

In other words, we'd need all our researchers and faculty to individually
do extra work and change the way they do things to meet the needs of the
system, and I see no basis for believing this is a reasonable thing to
expect.

kyle