I used to try to convert articles to ePub so I could read them later, but
over time, I've reverted to using Instapaper for that
purpose. (Aside: Paper is perhaps a more robust alternative, although I
haven't made the switch yet myself. I noticed that Firefox seems to use
Paper for its in-browser reader.) In any case, Instapaper works well enough
with Code4Lib Journal articles. With Instapaper, if anything is garbled and
I still want to read it, I just go to the original and read it there
instead. I also use an IFTTT applet that reads RSS feeds and saves articles
automatically to Instapaper. That's pretty sweet.

However, to actually answer your question, I came across a browser
extension called EpubPress -- https://epub.press/ -- that looks pretty
good. I opened up 6 articles from the current issue of Code4Lib Journal
and followed the EpubPress wizard to select all of them to convert to ePub.
It made a nice little booklet with a table of contents. Graphics and even
tables were handled pretty well. Code was a bit of a mess (long lines
wrapped awkwardly), but probably good enough. I guess if I cared enough, I
might try editing them in Sigil.

Tom