On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 4:21 PM Fitchett, Deborah <
[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> ...If a dog has something useful to post to Code4Lib, why shouldn't they
> be judged on the merits of their email?

Anonymity doesn't work in all environments, but it tends to work in small
relatively stable communities such as library tech.

It's important to be mindful that anonymity doesn't really exist. If you
say anything of substance, you interests, your knowledge, and your style
identify you.

I personally avoid presenting my resume before my ideas for the simple
reason that if that's what it takes to be credible, best case scenario is
the idea was poorly expressed -- more likely, it's garbage. I also feel
that the endless credentialing in virtually all aspects of life does more
to reinforce status quo than to move things forward.

kyle