The work of Cassidy Sugimoto and Vincent Larivière comes to mind, as well as some of the work done at the Centre for Science and Technology Studies (CWTS) in the Netherlands.

Some examples:
https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Bibliometrics%3A-global-gender-disparities-in-Larivi%C3%A8re-Ni/73068e44373215a447d0a646446e73b94550610c
https://www.cwts.nl/blog?article=n-q2z294&title=the-end-of-gender-disparities-in-science-if-only-it-were-true
https://www.cwts.nl/blog?article=n-r2w2c4&title=indicators-for-social-good

Marijane White, M.S.L.I.S.
Data Librarian, Assistant Professor
Oregon Health & Science University Library

Phone: 503.494.3484
Email: [log in to unmask]
ORCiD: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5059-4132