Haha yes as a former professional webmaster with several years of experience (mostly Drupal - I'm new to WP), I am with you 100% Cary. As a survivor of Drupalgeddon, I will NEVER self-host again. The monthly fee associated with managed hosting is more than offset by not having to worry about being late to install a security update! I'm volunteer-administering this organization's site right now, and I can not wait to get it onto managed hosting.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Cary Gordon
Sent: Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] recommendations for/advice re: Wordpress managed hosting

While my take on AWS may differ — we are Consulting Partners — they do not provide Wordpress managed hosting services.

I advise that organizations that are not prepared to actively manage a CMS, be it Wordpress, Drupal or anything else, to avoid self-hosting, whether it be local or on a virtual server, and also avoid pushbutton installation services like GoDaddy, Bluehost and the like. My principal concern is security.

If Wordpress.com can work for you, it delivers a lot of value for the price.

If you decide to switch to Drupal, call us :)

--
Cary Gordon, MLS
The Cherry Hill Company