(Apologies for cross-posting)

Hi everyone,

I’d like to invite you to join us in the July meeting of the *Ethics in
Linked Data Affinity Group*. The call details and communication channels
for the group are bellow.

The Affinity Group was formed after a breakout session at the LD4 Conference
<https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/LD4P2/2019+LD4+Conference+on+Linked+Data+in+Libraries>
with
the guiding principle that ethics should be in the foreground of any linked
data initiative as a way to potentially reduce harm, as well as to prevent
further harm.

The group proposes to serve as a space for exploration of the ethical
implications (both positive and negative) of linked data technologies,
providing guidance, and facilitating discussion and feedback on
incorporating ethical principles into current or future projects.

We will work collaboratively towards developing a Code of Ethics and a
toolkit of resources to provide a critical framework for designing linked
data projects.

* Call details:*
July 30, 2019, 10am PDT / 1pm EDT / 6pm BST / 7pm CEST
Join us: https://princeton.zoom.us/j/627032718
(Calls will be held in English)

* Communication: *
#ethicsld channel on LD4 Slack: http://bit.ly/joinld4slack
Shared Google Drive folder: http://bit.ly/ethicsLD_folder
The Affinity Group is open to anyone interested in exploring the ethical
considerations of linked data, so feel free to share this invitation!

Hope to see you there,
Best,

Luiza Wainer
On behalf of the conveners of the Ethics in Linked Data Affinity Group

Luiza Wainer
Metadata Librarian
Princeton University
(Pronouns: they/them)