Their 2018 book 'Measuring research, what everyone needs to know' is a
particularly good read, and an easy starting point for some of the common
critiques/challenges. It's short, cheap, and aimed at practitioners.

For recent research in Scientometrics and related areas, I like
JASIST

Scientometrics
https://link.springer.com/journal/11192

Journal of Informetrics
http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-informetrics/

And, emerging:
Frontiers in Research Metrics and Analytics
http://journal.frontiersin.org/journal/research-metrics-and-analytics

Frontiers in... Mapping Science: Resources, Tools, and Benchmarks
http://journal.frontiersin.org/researchtopic/5561/mapping-science-resources-tools-and-benchmarks#overview

In terms of research community, International Society on Scientometrics and
Informetrics (ISSI) (http://www.issi-society.org/news.html , odd-numbered
years),ASIST SIGMET and their workshops (e.g. (
https://www.asist.org/SIG/SIGMET/2018/06/12/sigmet-workshop-2018-cfp/ ) and
conferences like

COLLNET/International Conference on Webometrics, Informetrics and
Scientometrics (http://www.collnet.de http://socio.org.uk/collnet2018/
), Nordic
Workshop on Bibliometrics and Research Policy
(https://blogs.helsinki.fi/nwb-2017/
),
may be helpful. (among others; this year's JCDL had a crop of
metrics-related papers for instance)

-Jodi
(with apologies for old links & formatting... on a small touchscreen...)