Dear Colleagues:

Registration is now open for PKP 2019, the Seventh International Scholarly
Publishing Conference hosted by the Public Knowledge Project
<http://pkp.sfu.ca> (PKP) in partnership with the Universitat Autònoma de
Barcelona <https://www.uab.cat/> (UAB). The conference will be held
November 20-22, 2019 to be preceded by a free, two-day optional sprint
<https://pkp.sfu.ca/sprints/>. Sprint registration will open in September.

We are also thrilled to announce our lineup of keynote speakers. PKP’s John
Willinsky will open the conference with a talk at our evening reception on
November 20th. Special guests Reme Melero
<http://pkpbcn19.net/keyspeaker/remedios-melero-csic> (CSIC), Ignasi
Labastida
<http://pkpbcn19.net/keyspeaker/ignasi-labastida-universitat-de-barcelona>
(Universitat de Barcelona), Katherine Skinner
<http://pkpbcn19.net/keyspeaker/katherine-skinner-educopia> (Educopia), Tara
Robertson <http://pkpbcn19.net/keyspeaker/tara-robertson-mozilla>
(Mozilla), and Abel Packer
<http://pkpbcn19.net/keyspeaker/abel-packer-scielo> (SciELO) will deliver
keynotes November 21-22.

The conference kicks off on Wednesday, November 20 with not one, but six
(two in Spanish) OJS workshops
<http://pkpbcn19.net/#block-views-block-works-block-1> for conference
attendees.

You can read more about the conference this summer on our blog
<https://pkp.sfu.ca/2019/07/26/be-the-early-bird-register-now-for-pkp-2019/>.
Or check out pkpbcn19.net for more information. Early registration ends
September 13, 2019.

See you in Barcelona!

Interested in sponsorship opportunities? We’ve got those too. Visit our
website to learn more: http://pkpbcn19.net/sponsorship-opportunities.

Sincerely,

Your PKP 2019 Planning Committee

*Follow us on Twitter <https://twitter.com/pkp> and Facebook