Thanks to those who have provided useful and helpful feedback and those who have been supportive of raising awareness about sexual harassment in libraries.

Whether you believe it or not (you are entitled to your opinion), sexual harassment in libraries, generally speaking, is a problem in the profession and is not taken as seriously as it should be.  I know there are libraries/systems/associations out there who have training and policies and good dialogue but there are ones that don’t have policies, training, and open and positive dialogue.

I encourage positive dialogue on this very important topic.  I encourage round tables, respectful online discussions, and face-to-face conversations.

Please don’t let this important issue be buried.  It needs to be taken as seriously and talked about as seriously as intellectual freedom.

Sent from my iPhone