While my take on AWS may differ — we are Consulting Partners — they do not
provide Wordpress managed hosting services.

I advise that organizations that are not prepared to actively manage a CMS,
be it Wordpress, Drupal or anything else, to avoid self-hosting, whether it
be local or on a virtual server, and also avoid pushbutton installation
services like GoDaddy, Bluehost and the like. My principal concern is
security.

If Wordpress.com can work for you, it delivers a lot of value for the price.

If you decide to switch to Drupal, call us :)

--
Cary Gordon, MLS
The Cherry Hill Company