Greetings,

I am pleased to announce that the Ball State University Libraries is seeking to hire a Digital Scholarship Strategist to work in our Digital Scholarship and Special Collections unit.  Interested applicants may apply for the job posting here: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/17938

The Digital Scholarship Strategist at Ball State University Libraries<https://www.bsu.edu/academics/libraries> is a vital member of the Digital Scholarship and Special Collections unit of University Libraries, providing innovative leadership to support digital scholarship and research on campus. The Strategist will play a crucial role in advancing the work of the University Libraries' Office of Digital Research and Publishing<https://www.bsu.edu/academics/libraries/services/office-of-digital-research-and-publishing>, launched in 2018 to advance the creation, dissemination, and preservation of online scholarship created at Ball State University by providing collaborative opportunities, workshops and instruction, consultative services, and access to technology solutions. The strategist will work collaboratively and inclusively with a diverse campus community including faculty, staff, and undergraduate and graduate students.

Ball State University has developed a reputation as leaders in the field of digital scholarship, with its faculty and librarians contributing to What Middletown Read and The Buffalo Bill Project, both identified by the National Endowment for the Humanities as being among the 50 most impactful projects funded by the agency from 1965 to 2015. The Strategist will enable the Libraries and the University to help bolster this already-strong reputation, creating a supportive and collaborative environment to foster further innovation and learning through digital scholarship.

For a full job description and to submit an application, please visit this link on the Ball State University employment opportunities site: https://bsu.peopleadmin.com/postings/17938  Please note that applications can only be accepted via this link/site.

I’m excited for the opportunity to welcome this new employee to my department, and I look forward to providing an innovative, supportive, and inclusive work environment that will support the selected candidate to thrive in their work and career!

Michael Szajewski
University Libraries
Assistant Dean for Digital Scholarship and Special Collections
Ball State University                        765-285-5078    Office
Muncie, IN   47306                          765-285-8149    Fax

The University Libraries provides services that support student pursuits for
academic success and faculty endeavors for knowledge creation and classroom
instruction.