I agree with Kate here. This seems too much like those cases where one
patron leaves an empty bag of chips on a table, so the whole library
plasters obnoxious "NO FOOD ON THE TABLES" signs all over and creates a
12-person ad hoc committee to discuss food policies. I don't think we need
to create a formal policy based on what happened here except maybe a
statement that we will not passive-aggressively shut down conversations
about sensitive issues due to being deemed off-topic.

Joshua Welker
Library Systems and Discovery Coordinator
James C. Kirkpatrick Library
University of Central Missouri
Warrensburg, MO 64093
JCKL 2260