**Please excuse cross-postings**

Hello!

On behalf of the BitCurator Consortium Program Committee, I'm pleased to
share some exciting announcements related to the upcoming BitCurator Users
Forum 2019: Communities of Practice
<https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/bitcurator-users-forum-2019> scheduled to
take place October 24-25 at Yale University.

Preliminary Program Live!

We are happy to announce that the preliminary program
<https://bitcuratorusersforum2019.sched.com/> is now available on the
BitCurator Consortium website. Final program details will be available in
August 2019.

The first day of the BitCurator Users Forum 2019 will feature an
"Introduction to Digital Forensics" workshop aimed at practitioners who are
just getting started working with digital forensics tools and methods. This
workshop will include an overview of digital forensics concepts, and will
mostly focus on hands-on exercises and activities. Day One will also
feature workshops on a range of topics from natural language processing
tools, advocating for appraisal, and environmentally sustainable digital
preservation, as well as lightning talk round up at the end of the day. The
second day will feature a mix of panels,  presentations, and a
discussion-based session.

Registration Now Open!

Register for the BitCurator Users Forum 2019 here:
https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/buf2019-registration

Sponsorship information
We are still seeking additional sponsors for the event, so if you are
interested and would like to learn more please visit the Sponsorship
<https://bitcuratorconsortium.org/buf19-sponsorship> section of the
BitCurator Users Forum 2019 website or contact [log in to unmask]

Sam Meister
Preservation Communities Manager, Educopia Institute
http://educopia.org
@samalanmeister

he / him / his