An update on the DLF program review from consultant Joanne Kossuth:

I hope everyone is enjoying the summer—ideally some time off and nice weather! The review of the Digital Library Federation (DLF) is well underway, and I’d like to provide a progress update. Since February, I’ve been working with CLIR and DLF staff and the community in numerous ways, including:

It has been a busy time and the review work continues!

We’re looking forward to seeing many of you in Tampa this October at the Forum and Learn@DLF, and I’d welcome the opportunity to speak either one-on-one or in group conversations with you that week. DLF could not exist without its vibrant, dedicated community, and it’s vital I hear from you. The purpose of these conversations is to gather your input and hear your comments regarding DLF’s future direction.

Based on the feedback to date from working groups and representatives from member institutions, we have developed a number of working ideas, and I’d like to hear from you on these, or any other thoughts you may have:

You can contact me anytime at joanne.kossuth [@] gmail.com, and I’m also looking forward to seeing many of you at the Forum in October. I’ll be available onsite all that week for those of you who would like to meet and talk in person; please book a meeting via this link (password Forum2019). Any discussions will be entirely confidential, unless we mutually agree otherwise, and I’m eager to converse with you about the exciting future of DLF.

-Joanne Kossuth

Joanne Kossuth is the founding director of 1Mountain Road and has served as dean of the CLIR/EDUCAUSE Leading Change Institute since 2012. She is working with CLIR to review and assess the Digital Library Federation as the program approaches its 25th year; the review will conclude in early 2020.

This update is also available on the DLF website.

Louisa Kwasigroch

Director of Development & Outreach

CLIR (Council on Library and Information Resources)

Digital Library Federation (DLF)

she/her