Hi,

One of my colleagues is working with Bulk Extractor (BE) [1] for born
digital processing. They're trying out some other options in BE to see
if they can improve some of the results they're getting with search.
One of these options is a "lightgrep" scanner for searching for
content using regular expressions. This BE scanner uses the lightgrep
library, that appears to be be maintained here:

https://github.com/strozfriedberg/liblightgrep

The library is installed in the BitCurator environment, but it would
be helpful to allow us to do processing outside of the BC environment.
They're working on a Mac and could try compiling lightgrep from
source, but we'll want to have this deployed to more than one
workstation.

We thought it might be an option to have a homebrew package created
for lightgrep to make it easy to install. It seems like this homebrew
package could help others who are using Bulk Extractor on Mac or
Linux. They gave it a try and ran into issues.  Does anyone know the
best approach to creating a homebrew package? Are these centrally
maintained? Is there anyone in the community who could help us create
this package? The TAR file, for the brew formula, is available here:
http://strozfriedberg.github.io/liblightgrep/

Best,

Jason

[1] https://github.com/simsong/bulk_extractor