I'm trying to put together a cost estimate for vendor digitization of
a large number of (a) paper documents of varying sizes (b) photos - color
and b/w (c) videos - on VHS, Beta, etc. (d) films - mostly 8mm (e) audio
recordings - cassettes and reel-to-reel.

I've gotten far enough along to realize that consumer prices for small
quantities probably aren't a good metric, and that there will be a sharp
difference between "routine" scanning of materials that are well-preserved
and "remedial" scanning of materials that will require special attention.
But I'm struggling to find pricing for large quantities, e.g., 20,000
pages of printed newsletters or 5,000 photos or 300 cassettes.  I'm hoping
that others who've traveled this road recently can provide some guidance
on what vendors are likely to charge.

Thanks,
Rich