The North Carolina State University Libraries is pleased to host the 5th Liberact (Libraries & Interactive Technologies) conference (https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/liberact) at the James B. Hunt Jr. Library in Raleigh, North Carolina on November 14 and 15, 2019. Liberact offers practitioners and researchers involved in immersive and large-scale visual technologies the chance to meet, build community, and gain inspiration for collaboratively advancing this area of study and scholarly production.

Like earlier Liberact events, this conference will focus on implementing, supporting, and maintaining visualization and interactive technologies and the content produced within/for them. We broadly define these technologies to include systems, applications, and tools like: interactive gesture- and motion-based systems, large scale visualization environments, 3D and virtual reality environments, and emergent areas. We invite you to participate in our workshops and  facilitate exploration of partnerships between institutions, especially in the sharing and transfer of content.

Building on excitement and ideas flowing from similar meetings like THE CAAV, the sessions at Liberact will utilize the variety of spaces, walls, and technologies in the Hunt Library for an applied and engaged experience.

We invite proposals in the form of:

20-min. presentation sessions
Lightning talks
(Digital) Posters
Project/Product demos

The deadline for proposals is Wednesday, September 4, 2019.

Submit a proposal and find more information on the conference site: https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/liberact