Hello Fellow Maintainers!

THERE ARE STILL A FEW SPOTS OPEN for upcoming virtual roundtables from
the Maintainers
in the Workforce <http://themaintainers.org/workforce-maintainers-about-us>!
Each virtual roundtable will shed light on workforce trends and explore
different ways that maintenance work is measured and compensated. *See more
about our incredible line-up of guest speakers below!*

All roundtables are free, open to all and will be recorded to share online
after each event.

REGISTER AND LEARN MORE:  http://bit.ly/mitw-virtual-roundtables-2019

ROUNDTABLE #1: Measuring Maintenance
|| August 27 @ 8amPT/10amCT/11amET ||

Through an alternative set of measurements to quantify the cost of a basic
household budget, the ALICE team is able to demonstrate how many households
are currently Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed - which happens
to be a staggering proportion of people in the United States. Using many of
the same data sources and methods, we can also better understand how
compensation is distributed among maintenance occupations, in contrast to
occupations that are considered “innovative.”

In this virtual roundtable, *Andrew Russell (SUNY Polytechnic Institute,
The Maintainers)* will lead a discussion with *Stephanie Hoopes and Dan
Treglia (United Way - ALICE)* on the relationship between measurement and
maintenance.

ROUNDTABLE #2: Future of Work
|| September 24 @ 10amPT/12pmCT/1pmET ||

In the last few years, both popular and academic outlets have been paying
renewed attention to the relationship between technology and work. Often
framed through the so-called “future of work,” questions focus on how
technological change shapes organizational change and whether new
technologies will lead to unemployment and depressed wages.

In this virtual roundtable, *Patrick McCray (UC Santa Barbara)* and *Lee
Vinsel (Virginia Tech, The Maintainers) *will lead a discussion on ways in
which Science and Technology Studies (STS) and related fields can shed new
light on these topics.

Sharing your experience and perspective is critical to building a community
of practice around Maintainers in the Workforce. We earnestly hope you will
join the discussion.

We look forward to talking to you soon.

On behalf of Maintainers in the Workforce,
Jessica Meyerson

--
*Jessica Meyerson*
Research Program Officer | Educopia Institute <http://educopia.org/>