Dear All,

Registration is now open for the next webinar from the Open Preservation
Foundation.

'Universal Virtual Interactor: Algorithmic recommendations for accessing
software-dependent data in our collections'.
*Thursday 26 September | 16:00 CEST | 15:00 BST*
<https://zoom.us/webinar/register/2315676087720/WN_E569nfCHT4ikpimz3q19Zg>*

*Speakers:*
Klaus Rechert, EaaSI Emulation Architect and Lead Developer
Seth Anderson, EaaSI Program Manager

*Overview:*
As part of the Scaling Emulation as a Service Infrastructure (EaaSI)
program of work, we are developing the Universal Virtual Interactor (UVI).
The UVI gives users the ability to click on a link to a digital object (for
example in a library’s catalog or an archival finding aid) and have it
“automagically” open in a representative version of the “original”
software, within your web browser, using an emulator. Our goal with the UVI
is to match digital objects to configured computing environments
automatically. Moreover, our goal is to match them to the “best”
environment, both from authenticity and functionality perspectives —
ensuring the user’s ability to decide which environment is “best” is
flexible. We look forward to discussing in greater detail with you all!

There are 100 places available on a first come, first served basis. The
recording and slides will be available to OPF members who cannot attend
live.

To be the first to find out about news and events from the OPF, subscribe
to our mailing list <https://openpreservation.org/subscribe>.

Kind Regards,
Charlotte
--