From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Jason Sherman <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Reclaim Hosting

I periodically do contract work for an educational company that uses
reclaim. In this case the contract was for dedicated hardware to which the
edu company has whm and cpanel access.

Since you're specifically concerned about the network side of things, I'd
recommend to start logging the bytes transferred out from your
current system, if you aren't already doing so. You could then ask your
institution about what underlying infrastructure is being provided by
reclaim. That will hugely impact performance. They offer lots of
flexibility in terms of what infrastructure is powering your cpanel-based
services.

Ultimately, the educational company decided to move its heaviest-usage
production infrastructure off to aws because of inconsistent performance as
more services were added to the hosting account and some services scaled
up. The whole point of cpanel is to allow users to spin up arbitrary
services without technical barriers, which can make it very difficult to
offer predictability in the shared environment. They still have their
lightweight public/sales sites and their sandbox systems with reclaim and
have been quite happy with that.