Call for nominations for the COUNTER Technical Advisory Group (TAG)
The COUNTER TAG is a collaborative and hardworking group of volunteers. The group provides technical advice and focus for the ongoing development of the COUNTER Code of Practice, to ensure that COUNTER usage statistics remain consistent, credible and compatible. Among other tasks, TAG Members:

  *   respond to technical questions raised by members of the COUNTER community about the Code of Practice and JSON;
  *   help vendors and publishers with problems that are affecting the credibility and or usefulness of the COUNTER reports;
  *   help the COUNTER Community with problems that are affecting the automated harvesting of SUSHI reports;
  *   work on the continuing maintenance of the Code of Practice;
  *   discuss technical and environmental developments in relation to the Code of Practice;
  *   attend around 6 TAG conference calls each year, and other ad-hoc call if necessary
But that's not all!
Our Technical Advisory Group members are hands on, and each member's own strengths are drawn upon regularly.  Their expertise, advice and practical input creates the tools, guides and training we make freely available to the COUNTER Community
________________________________
Why are we looking for new TAG Members?
Our current TAG members https://www.projectcounter.org/about/technical-advisory-group/ are working very hard to support the COUNTER community - and more hands are needed with a variety of skills and expertise.
We are seeking new members with a proactive approach to help us improve the help we provide to the COUNTER community and to contribute to our developments.
________________________________
Who does TAG need?
There are 12 TAG members, and we welcome four more.
We aim to seek a balance, to ensure that publishers, vendors and librarians are represented. We require a breadth of skills across the TAG members including knowledge and expertise of scholarly publishing, COUNTER tabular reports, JSON and SUSHI.
Nominations are invited from our international membership and we try to ensure that regions are adequately represented.
________________________________
Interested?  Here's how to apply!
Any current COUNTER member may self-nominate or be nominated by others. We encourage applications from people at all stages of their careers who are working for publishers, vendors or libraries.
If you are not sure if your organisation is a member of COUNTER please contact [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> . Your organisation can sign up for membership at https://www.projectcounter.org/become-a-member/
If you know someone who would be perfect for the role, please encourage them to apply!
To apply, please provide a cover letter stating why you would like to join the TAG and a short CV.
Applications are required by 30 September 2019, please send them to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.
If you have questions?
Please see the TAG terms of reference at https://www.projectcounter.org/about/technical-advisory-group/counter-technical-advisory-group-terms-reference/ and feel free to email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

Submitted by Athena Hoeppner on behalf of Lorraine Estelle
Lorraine Estelle
Director
[AB909893-47DC-4699-B4EB-58D3A6647EBB]
 http://www.projectcounter.org<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.projectcounter.org%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cathena%40UCF.EDU%7Ce533bd7cd2c447d399dd08d7385e75d9%7Cbb932f15ef3842ba91fcf3c59d5dd1f1%7C0%7C0%7C637039850673053623&sdata=v7hFTF4A1ql8UqxKUye4ZQ7oSEGapdZouy0P%2FK%2BZOCw%3D&reserved=0>
Twitter:@ProjectCounter
Landline: 01962 866843
Mobile: 07984 899227
COUNTER, 25 Egbert Road, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 7EB, United Kingdom