From: Core Steering Committee <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 11:13 AM
Subject: Updates from Core
To: <[log in to unmask]>

External -
[image: External Sender]

*View this email on the web*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MDI/index.html>

Greetings from Core: Leadership, Infrastructure, Futures, a proposed
division of ALA. We’ve spent the past weeks thinking about the feedback
you’ve shared and considering *the best ways to answer your questions*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MDM/index.html>.
Thank you for your passion and your willingness to engage. *As we move
towards the vote on whether or not to merge ALCTS, LITA, and LLAMA, asking
hard questions and pushing for clarification is necessary and valuable
work.* We wouldn’t expect anything less from the library workers who ensure
the processes and efforts at the center, or core, of all library services.

We’re *listening*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MDU/index.html>
to you. The decision to merge or not merge is in your hands, and we’re
facilitating *upcoming events*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MDc/index.html>
for you to hear directly from the Core Steering Committee and to share *your
feedback*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MDg/index.html>
directly so that you can make the decision that is right for you.

Moving ahead, you can expect updates on the developments and work for the
Core Steering Committee, which is focused on three key areas:

   1. Preparing for *October 9’s Town Hall*
   <http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MTA/index.html>
   to get more of your feedback and to engage potential members broadly.
   2. Sharing documentation and soliciting your feedback on Core’s *mission,
   vision, goals*
   <http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MTE/index.html>,
   and *process*
   <http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MTI/index.html>.

   3. Addressing gaps in the potential design for interim governance to
   prepare for the potential division to succeed.

Please consider attending one of our *upcoming Town Hall meetings or
#thecorequestion Twitter chats*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MTQ/index.html>
or providing us with feedback *through our online form*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MTU/index.html>.
We’ll be sending you regular emails (at least once a month) to keep you
updated on progress, but your input is what we need. Please keep it coming.
We hope you’ll consider Core as a future home for your engagement and
service with ALA.

Sincerely,

Your Core Steering Committee:

   - Christopher Cronin, 2019-20 ALCTS President-Elect
   - Tyler Dzuba, 2019-20 LLAMA President-Elect
   - Evviva Weinraub, 2019-20 LITA President-Elect
   - Lindsay Cronk, LITA Representative
   - Erica Findley, ALCTS Representative
   - Kate Hall, LLAMA Representative
   - Cotina Jones, LLAMA Representative
   - Ted Quiballo, LITA Representative
   - Chelcie Rowell, ALCTS Representative

*Opt out of receiving New Division Discussion emails*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnU9MTAwNzUwMzQ0NyZsaT02OTg1MzUxNiZsPWh0dHA6Ly9hbGEuaW5mb3Jtei5uZXQvYWxhL3BhZ2VzL2FsY3RzX2xpdGFfbGxhbWFfZGlzY3Vzc2lvbnNfb3B0X291dD9fenM9NWZoMVYxfF96bWk9OWFFbA/index.html>
.

*Unsubscribe from all American Library Association emails.*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnU9MTAwNzUwMzQ0NyZsaT02OTg1MzUxNyZsPWh0dHA6Ly9hbGEuaW5mb3Jtei5uZXQvYWxhL3BhZ2VzL2FsYV91bnN1YnNjcmliZT9fenM9NWZoMVYxfF96bWk9OWFFbA/index.html>

*Review ALA's privacy policy.*
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MTk/index.html>

<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MjA/index.html>

© American Library Association, 50 E Huron, Chicago, IL 60611

[image: Higher Logic]
<http://ala.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT04ODI5MTE3JnA9MSZ1PTEwMDc1MDM0NDcmbGk9Njk4NTM1MjE/index.html>