We are now accepting pre-conference proposals for the 2020 Code4Lib conference in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. These pre-conferences can either be a 1-day (six hour) or a 1/2-day session (three hour) and will occur on Sunday, March 8, 2020.

Code4Lib 2020 is a loosely-structured conference that provides people working at the intersection of libraries/archives/museums/cultural heritage and technology with a chance to share ideas, be inspired, and forge collaborations. For more information about the Code4Lib community, please visit https://code4lib.org/about/

The pre-conference sessions give folks a space to share and build knowledge, as well as to teach attendees new skills relevant to library technology. Pre-conference sessions can range from workshops to working sessions. We welcome a variety of ideas and encourage submissions from first-time presenters and members of groups not well-represented within the Code4Lib community, including but not limited to: women, people of color, people with disabilities, LGBT+.

To propose a session, please go to https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScx95r2tJExNVDkBOdKdKe2jKij7lHhTcja7aXgDS1z9mmFPQ/viewform

If you're looking for inspiration, there are many great examples of pre-conferences from last year. To view these, visit https://2019.code4lib.org/workshops/

We are taking proposals until Friday, October 4, 2019, 5 pm PST / 8 pm EST. After a period of public voting on workshops, we hope to confirm sessions with the facilitators shortly after.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email the Pre-conference Committee chair, Jason Glenn, at [log in to unmask]

Best,

Posted by Kathleen Haley on behalf of Jason Glenn and the
Code4Lib 2020 Pre-conference Committee

Jason Glenn
Principal Systems Analyst
Carnegie Mellon University Libraries