Hey Will,

It depends on your budget obviously,
but assuming that you already have a nice front-end application and only
need back-end production software like OBS,
I suggest looking into vMix <https://www.vmix.com/>, which is what I use as
an encoder directly off my laptop.
Prices vary from the free version to $700, I use the $350 version myself to
make good use of the overlay channels.

I'd need to know more about your setup but it's worth looking in to.