>> Does anybody here have experience with the Lexis/Nexis WebSevices API, specifically, the one initialized in 2016.
>
> I don't have personal experience (or the credentials to access the API docs), but try getting in touch with the folks at MSU who make the Text Assembler, which we have also deployed here at Michigan:
>
>   https://gitlab.msu.edu/msu-libraries/public/text-assembler/
>
> Might be some code in there for you to look at as well.

Thank you for the pointer. I'm learning a few things about the WebSevice's API, and it is not trivial. It uses OAuth. On the other hand, queries will return well-structured data suitable for computer processing ("reading"), and at first glance, the size of the search results don't seem to be an issue. --Eric M.