Although the note here doesn't say, ShEx is the "companion" standard for
RDF validation, parallel to SHACL but that is not essentially using
SPARQL logic, which is what SHACL is based on, via TopBraid's SPIN
technology.

ShEx is now incorporated into WikiData as its validation code.[1] It
allows you to validate WikiData entries "on the fly".

ShEx has a compact syntax, ShExC, that you can see in the examples in
the primer. There is *still* no primer for the ShExC schema language (or
the JSON serialization, ShExJ) and I will continue to lobby for those
because I think they are greatly needed - perhaps the wikidata community
will do this? or has? (I can't find it...)

kc
[1] https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:WikiProject_Schemas/Tutorial