Digital Services Librarian Job - Americah University of Sharjah

Digital Services Librarian Vacancy
An exceptional opportunity awaits an innovative forward-thinking librarian at American University of Sharjah in the United Arab Emirates (near Dubai). As part of the Library Technology and Technical Services, the successful candidate will manage web services in collaboration with other professional staff to achieve the library’s mission and goals.

Our Next Digital Services Librarian—Is It You?
The ideal candidate will possess a master’s degree in library science from an ALA-accredited school or equivalent and two years of experience from which the knowledge and skills listed below may have been acquired.

o          Knowledge and understanding of best practices, current issues and trends in web services and emerging library technologies.
o          Demonstrated experience in library website design and development, including the building and/or integration of a variety of web applications.
o          Demonstrated knowledge and experience with HTML, CSS, PHP and Javascript.
o          A committed approach to library and information provision with a proactive approach to your own continued professional development and that of others.

Preferred Qualifications:
o          Knowledge and experience with PHP or other scripting language, XML/XSLT and SQL; familiarity with usability testing and web analytics.
o          Experience with Library Services Platform and Discovery layers such as OCLC’s World share platform.

A complete job posting for the Digital Services Librarian vacancy is on the AUS website. AUS offers a competitive salary, a three-year contract and a benefits package including housing and medical options.

To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae with the names of three references to [log in to unmask] Digital Services Librarian should be mentioned in the email subject line.

Not Sure About Applying, But Want to Know More?
Please email [log in to unmask]  for more information.

About the AUS Library
The AUS Library aspires to provide access to excellent information resources and services to advance learning and research and to support the goal of AUS of being a world-class university.  See our strategic priorities for our aspirations for the Library through the year 2021.

The AUS Difference

American University of Sharjah is dedicated to providing a unique and comprehensive educational experience for our students. With more than 90 nationalities represented, our student body is a reflection of how diversity in today’s world can lead to tolerance, goodwill and understanding. It also reinforces the importance of appreciating cultural and religious differences and how they impact societies around the globe. AUS is proud to have a beautifully designed, self-contained campus that includes a wide range of facilities and services that cater to the university community as a whole. Our campus houses academic buildings, a modern state-of-the-art sports complex, men’s and women’s dormitories, faculty housing, outdoor sporting facilities, restaurants and cafes, and banking, travel, medical and postal services.

The United Arab Emirates

Home to more than 9 million people (many of which are expatriates from other countries), the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a vibrant country with rich culture and heritage.   The UAE is consistently ranked among the world’s top 10 countries to live and work for expatriates providing financial security and a great place to raise a family.  Sharjah, where AUS is located, is best known for its commitment to art and culture.  Within close driving distance is Dubai—one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world known for its beautiful architecture, incredible skylines, and a host of tourist attractions that break records to be the tallest, longest, and biggest.

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/39539-digital-services-librarian