Heya Olivia,

Mukurtu [0] meets some of these (It has it's origins from Drupal) and
with "some assembly" possibly all of them.  I recommend it because it
-by design- was  built for your targeted audience. More comments
interleaved.

On 11/17/19 9:08 PM, Olivia D wrote:
> Hello!
> What content management system (CMS) tool(s) would you all recommend that
> would meet most if not all of the following criteria?
>
> - ability to showcase photos, long narratives, videos, and audio in an
> archive (and ability to search for those items)
> - non-tech client needs to be able to easily add pages to the website and
> media to galleries via a dashboard
> - ability to password-protect certain pages
> - ability to optionally include blogging functionality alongside of the
> archive

It can do all of the above.

> - ability to optionally include e-commerce features alongside of the
> archive (ie. Big Cartel or Shopify integration)

Not sure it can do this out of the box.

> - ability to use any UI framework I want (ie. Bootstrap)
> - ability to scale website easily

This will depend on your infrastructure but it can with upfront
planning. We have a Reclaim hosted version of the software at the URI below

https://activism.docnow.io/

Cheers,
./fxk

[0] https://mukurtu.org/about/