Hi there,

The DLF Born-Digital Access Working Group is excited to share the initial draft of its “Levels of Born-Digital Access” (http://bit.ly/levelsofaccess). Conceived in response to the need for the development of standards and benchmarks to be shared by the community, the Levels present five areas--Accessibility, Description, Researcher Support & Discovery, Security, and Tools--organized into three levels of complexity. We invite feedback from the community through December 15, at which point we’ll begin incorporating suggestions into the final draft of version 1. We also encourage those who are interested in getting involved or hearing updates on our work to join our Google Group (https://tinyurl.com/bdawggg). We’ll be voting on new leadership and new projects to take on in 2020 over the next few weeks.

Shira Peltzman (on behalf of the DLF Born-Digital Access Working Group)
UCLA Library Special Collections
Digital Archivist
She/her/hers