Dear all,

Many thanks to those of you who have already completed the Open
Preservation Foundation’s 2019 digital preservation community survey. Your
preservation technology and knowledge across the community. In addition to
our own findings, we will publish the anonymised data openly, allowing
organisations to benchmark their practice with others and carry out their
own analysis of the results.

If you have not yet filled out the survey, we encourage those working on
digital preservation projects of all sizes to participate, regardless of
your organisation’s level of experience.

The OPF leads a collaborative effort to create, maintain and develop the
reference set of sustainable, open source digital preservation tools and
supporting resources. The results from this survey will reveal shared
priorities and gaps in digital preservation today, helping us to focus our
community contributions.

*What will be done with the information?*

We will analyse the data and produce a report. Both the findings and
anonymised data will also be published openly; this will enable you to
carry out your own analysis of the results and benchmark your practice with
others. *The results will be fully anonymised so that individual
institutions cannot be identified. *OPF members and survey respondents will
have priority access to the findings and our report.

What’s in it for you?

Digital preservation is a growing community and the more we know about it,
the more we can do to collectively support its development. No matter the
size of your organisation or your level of digital preservation experience,
we want to hear from you! We also encourage all respondents to share the
survey among their networks so we can work together to produce a detailed
picture of the digital preservation landscape today and use this knowledge
to support its future.

All respondents will be entered into a prize draw for a free ticket to
OPion of our 10th anniversary in Vienna in May 2020. There will also be
goodies up for grabs - keep your eyes on our twitter page (@openpreserve
<https://twitter.com/openpreserve>) for more information about our
giveaways.

*How to fill out the survey*

Here is the link to the survey: https://forms.gle/GvHC2cLpbBwXhHti8.

Please complete the survey by Tuesday 7 January.

More information, including a PDF copy of the questions, is available on
the OPF website
<https://openpreservation.org/knowledge/surveys/community-surveys/>. We
thank you in advance for the time it will take you to respond. If you have
any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards,
Charlotte Armstrong
--
Charlotte Armstrong | Project Officer | Open Preservation Foundation
<https://openpreservation.org/>

*2019 Digital Preservation Community Survey NOW OPEN!
<https://openpreservation.org/news/opf-launches-digital-preservation-community-survey-on-wdpd/>*