Workshop: Navigating through the Panoply of Provenance Metadata Standards useful for Digital Curation

Dublin, Ireland (hyperlink to: https://publish.illinois.edu/provenance-workshop/)

Monday, February 17, 2020 - 9:00am to 5:00pm

We are thrilled to announce that the full day workshop “ Navigating through the Panoply of Provenance Metadata Standards useful for Digital Curation” will be hosted at The 15th International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC) in Dublin, Ireland on February 17th, 2020.

The workshop provides an overview of different provenance models and metadata standards such as PROV, PROV-One, PREMIS, etc. We will be discussing and implementing these models using real-world research data, social media data (Twitter), and natural history museum collections by interactive activities as well as hands-on Python tutorials. More information about the workshop will be available on our website: https://publish.illinois.edu/provenance-workshop/

Prerequisites: no programming skills required.

To register for the workshop, please visit here: https://bit.ly/2PHg22J

For further questions regarding the workshop and registration process, please contact the Workshop Chairs:

Michael Gryk ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Jessica Yi-Yun Cheng ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

Rhiannon Bettivia ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

[1] iSchool at Illinois: https://ischool.illinois.edu/

We look forward to seeing you in Dublin in February!

Best,

Jessica Yi-Yun Cheng on behalf of the organizers

Yi-Yun Cheng
PhD student, Research Assistant
School of Information Sciences, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Twitter: @yiyunjessica
Website: https://publish.illinois.edu/yiyuncheng/