From: <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of <Rowell>, Chelcie Juliet <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, December 2, 2019 at 5:43 PM
To: ACRL Digital Scholarship Section <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Call for participation in #DLFteach

Calling all teachers, instructors, and workshop leaders! Do you want to get more involved in the Digital Library Federation (DLF) community of practice for digital library pedagogy? Are you interested in working with colleagues at the intersection of instruction and digital libraries in such areas as professional development, outreach, and teaching with digital primary sources? The DLF Digital Library Pedagogy Working Group<https://www.diglib.org/groups/digital-library-pedagogy> (better known as #DLFteach) is looking for leaders to fill the following roles.

#DLFteach working group co-facilitators (seeking two)

  *   Facilitate monthly meetings with project leaders
  *   Communicate regularly about #DLFteach to larger DLF community
  *   Liaise between #DLFteach leaders and DLF staff
  *   Coordinate the working group’s involvement in DLF Forum working sessions
  *   Lead the working group in proposing and implementing workshops or presentations at the DLF Forum
  *   Provide thought partnership and feedback to Twitter chat coordinators and project leaders as they carry out their work
  *   ~1 hour/week investment

#DLFteach Twitter chat coordinators (seeking two)

  *   Coordinate bimonthly #DLFteach Twitter chats
  *   Recruit hosts and support them in refining chat topics and writing questions
  *   Host chats yourselves
  *   Advertise Twitter chats through the DLF Announce and DLF Pedagogy email lists, @CLIRDLF Twitter account, and other appropriate venues
  *   Schedule questions in advance to be tweeted from the @CLIRDLF Twitter account
  *   Create records of past chats using Twitter Archiving Google Sheet (TAGS) and Wakelet
  *   Participate in monthly meetings with other #DLFteach project leaders
  *   Provide project updates at DLF Forum working sessions
  *   ~1 hour/week investment

#DLFteach project leaders (typically two per project)

  *   Propose project and define project scope
  *   Issue calls for participation in project
  *   Lead project meetings
  *   Communicate regularly with project participants
  *   Communicate regularly about project to larger DLF community
  *   Participate in monthly meetings with other #DLFteach project leaders
  *   Provide project updates at DLF Forum working sessions
  *   ~1 hour/week investment

To help you decide whether this opportunity is right for you, we’ve put together this FAQ.

What kinds of projects does #DLFteach work on?

  *   Past projects include the #DLFteach Toolkit 1.0<https://dlfteach.pubpub.org/toolkit> (an openly available, peer-reviewed collection of lesson plans) and the white paper “Teaching with Digital Primary Sources: Literacies, Finding and Evaluating, Citing, Ethics, and Existing Models<https://dlfteach.pubpub.org/digitalprimarysources>.”
  *   Potential project ideas brainstormed at our 2019 DLF Forum working lunch included publishing a #DLFteach Toolkit 2.0 (or another major work) or developing a blog series featuring instructors reflecting upon how they adapted lesson plans from the Toolkit.
  *   Topics of interest expressed at the working lunch included assessing and giving appropriate credit for the labor of digital library pedagogy, as well as exploring how digital humanities tools or methods inform teaching information literacy concepts.

How can I learn more about the past or future work of #DLFteach?

  *   Explore our spaces on the DLF website<https://www.diglib.org/groups/digital-library-pedagogy>, DLF wiki<https://wiki.diglib.org/Pedagogy>, and Open Science Framework<https://osf.io/cebsv>.
  *   Join us for our next Twitter chat, focused on the future of #DLFteach, which will take place on Tuesday, December 10 at 2:00 p.m. Eastern. All are welcome, whether you are interested in taking on a leadership role or just learning about who we are.

Do I have to be affiliated with a DLF member institution to participate in #DLFteach or take on a leadership role?

  *   Nope! In fact, perspectives from beyond DLF membership are much needed and always valued.

We welcome expressions of interest from individuals, as well as pairs. Please let us know what role you’re interested in and why. If you’re interested in becoming a project leader, tell us what kind of project you have in mind — it’s okay if you’re in the early stages of ideation! You can draw upon ideas above, or propose something else entirely. To express interest in the role of working group co-facilitator, Twitter chat coordinator, or project leader, write to Nick Homenda ([log in to unmask]) and Chelcie Rowell ([log in to unmask]) by close of business on Friday, December 20.

Nick Homenda & Chelcie Rowell
#DLFteach Working Group Co-Facilitators