I wrote a bit about it in this Programming Historian lesson:
https://programminghistorian.org/en/lessons/fetch-and-parse-data-with-openrefine#example-3-advanced-apis
(sorry, I need to update this lesson sometime!)
Basically, it depends on how the service wants the API key passed,
sometimes as headers or sometimes as a data value. Refine's Jython is 2.7,
and there is a good "how to" doc with examples of both cases available
here:
https://docs.python.org/2/howto/urllib2.html

If the api key is one of the data values (which seems to be in your curl
example), you can pass an array of key/value pairs to urllib request
object, something like (from the howto above):

values = {'name' : 'Michael Foord',
          'location' : 'Northampton',
          'language' : 'Python' }
data = urllib.urlencode(values)req = urllib2.Request(url, data)

If you need to pass the api key as a header, you add another value to the
request object, something like:

headers = {'User-Agent': user_agent}req = urllib2.Request(url, data, headers)