I would suggest using Connexion's Batch Search to pull records as a first
pass.
Something like ti:title and au:creator and yr:year and dt:sco and lv:(b or
i or 1)

When looking for the best record with more than one result with such a
large project, I sometimes use z39.50 to grab the OCLC records through
MarcEdit. Doing so will include a field that records the number of
institutions using that record - the hope being that the more popular a
record is, the more likely it is to be accurate.