I highly recommend this short course: "Reproducible Research Techniques for
Synthesis". It is geared toward earth, environmental science, and ecology
and is taught by experts from DataONE and NCEAS, the National Center for
Ecological Analysis and Synthesis in Santa Barbara. See link below to
register for sessions scheduled for February and May 2020.

Bob Sandusky
UIC University Library

"The research landscape is changing. Researchers are increasingly engaging
in collaboration across networks; open science includes not just open
publication but also open data, software, and workflows; and technology is
evolving in support of this new paradigm. This five-day workshop is
designed to help researchers stay abreast of current best practices and
initiatives and get started on acquiring good data science skills to
maximize their productivity, share their data with the scientific community
effectively and efficiently, and benefit from the re-use of their data by
others."

Curriculum at a Glance
Enable data reuse through better data management

   - Metadata - what is it and how to write a quality data description
   - Data modeling - tidy data for efficient access and storage
   - Data publishing, citation, and credit
   - Build reproducible scientific workflows

Data munging with R tidyverse

   - Working collaboratively - git and GitHub
   - Writing functions in R
   - Building packages for publishing reproducible research
   - Communicate results effectively

Literate analysis with RMarkdown

   - Publishing analytical web pages with GitHub pages
   - Data visualization with ggplot and leaflet

Registration is open for upcoming sessions
February 3-7, 2020
May 11-15, 2020

https://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/learning-hub/short-course