Rebecca - I looked at your article, and I wondered - is there a way in Connexion macros to be able to access the content of the SQL Lite?  But then again, I'd better learn how to access the OCLC Search API in Python.  In 2018-early 2019 I made Excel add-in functions based on VBA-Web to read the Sierra APIs (it was working 6 months ago, but I see I need to upgrade it now), so maybe I can use that avenue for OCLC Search API.

As I am manually checking items, I can see what my matching process should be, and it should be more specific to this use-case than OCLC Datasync.

Cindy

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of French, Rebecca B - frenchrb
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2020 11:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] matching brief cataloging to OCLC records - scores

Hi Cindy,

We did a very similar project to match sound recording records from OCLC to brief records from our catalog (which had only title, 028, and performer/composer). I described the process we used in an article for the Code4Lib Journal in 2017: Direct Database Access to OCLC Connexion’s Local Save File (http://journal.code4lib.org/articles/12821). It involves doing a batch search in Connexion, then opening up the local save file database. This lets you access the search that was used to find each record, which for us was the best way to match the OCLC records to our metadata and was more accurate than trying to match on any of the individual fields in the record.

Rebecca

Rebecca B. French, MLS (she/her)
Metadata Analyst Librarian
JMU Libraries