Come join a diverse team of creative thinkers, innovators and all-around good people who find satisfaction and joy working at the intersection of knowledge creation and technology.

View the full job description and apply at : https://bit.ly/2GyGLZZ

Harvard University is looking for a new Manager of Library Software Engineering to lead, inspire and empower our software engineering teams to find creative solutions to complex challenges. We are looking for a leader who values diverse perspectives and backgrounds in building and supporting a team, who leads and mentors with compassion and empathy, and who can evoke the best of people in a sane and balanced work environment.

The Library Technology Services team builds and implements solutions to fulfill the mission of the Harvard Library: to advance scholarship and teaching through the collection, creation, application, preservation, and dissemination of knowledge.  We work with a blend of commercially hosted platforms, open source technologies and home-grown code.  Many technologies we use may be familiar to the academic research library technology community: Alma; Blacklight, Spotlight and GeoBlacklight; ArchiveSpace; IIIF and Mirador; Dataverse; DSpace and more.  We have productive relationships with our vendor partners, and our team enjoys working on and contributing to community-supported open source projects, We are looking for a software engineering manager who is motivated to help lead these efforts at Harvard and beyond.

We value and seek collaboration, within and beyond Harvard, and are looking for a software engineering manager with a collaborative spirit. We are doubling down on agile software development practices and software workflow automation, and we are looking for a software engineering manager who can help us take the next step. We are committed to supporting our users with robust, secure and sustainable technology, and also want to be innovative, embrace experimentation, and work on next generation challenges that will help Harvard faculty and students solve new and important problems.

If any of this resonates with you, or you know someone who might be interested, please share this job posting, or drop me a line.  We welcome your application at : https://bit.ly/2GyGLZZ

----
Brought to you by code4lib jobs: https://jobs.code4lib.org/jobs/42472-manager-library-software-engineering