Hi all –

This is a great opportunity for any library looking to get involved with
civic data in their community. This comes from Civic Switchboard, an
IMLS-supported effort to build capacity for academic and public libraries
in civic data ecosystems. (Full disclosure: I’m part of the project team.)

Please pass along to anyone who might be interested.

Toby

Library and Data Friends,

Today we are excited to open the call for proposals for Civic Switchboard 2020
Field Projects!

Between 2017-2019, we hosted two workshops and funded nine library projects
<https://civicswitchboard.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=530c4fdb234145e8e1e6b5307&id=e13f2ccadf&e=4434b2c4e3>
for
library and data intermediary teams across the county. This second round of
Field Project awards extends this work.

*In 2020, **Civic* *Switchboard* we will support an additional six Field
Projects, and the awards will combine a stipend for project support with a
workshop for awardees facilitated by the Civic Switchboard team.

*Check out the **Call for Proposals
<https://civicswitchboard.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=530c4fdb234145e8e1e6b5307&id=2daacb7f9a&e=4434b2c4e3>**
for
more details and important dates.*

We will be holding an informational webinar
<https://civicswitchboard.us17.list-manage.com/track/click?u=530c4fdb234145e8e1e6b5307&id=9369a2cac9&e=4434b2c4e3>
on
January 21st at 3:30 - 4:30 Eastern. The webinar will go over application
criteria and answer any additional questions.

Please get in touch
<[log in to unmask]> with any
questions and  share with anyone who might be interested.

Thanks,
Civic Switchboard Project Team

Toby Greenwalt (he/him/his)

Director of Digital Strategy and Technology Integration

Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh