As far as non-proxy solutions go, I think full tunnelling would probably be
the only option that I can think of that would reliably allow
IP-authenticated access to an arbitrary resource. I suppose some vendors
might allow shibboleth or similar authentication at their site depending on
how your subscription is configured, but that doesn't seem like it'd be a
super convenient option to me.