You may have already gotten a response but you need a room mike, not just a headphone. Also assuming you will be projecting from the laptop?  The WebCam should also cover the room.

Definitely do a trial run first. And get the speaker online 15 minutes prior to the panel.

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of charles meyer
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2020 5:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXT] [CODE4LIB] Skyping at library events

APL external email warning: Verify sender [log in to unmask] before clicking links or attachments

Hi my esteemed mates,

Sorry for peppering questions but hopefully they help others on the list.

Our tech guy is gone so we're having to find solutions on our own.

I haven't Skyped since Microsoft bought them.

I need to Skype in a speaker for a panel I've created.

I would so appreciate your thoughts/suggestions re: all the equipment/tech needed, especially since we have to be really budget-minded (a cheaply a possible).

WiFi + webcam + headphone with built-in mic + laptop + anything else?

Thank you so much.