Colleagues,

Hyku for Consortia is an 18-month, IMLS-funded project to develop a
consortia-managed IR service individual libraries may use, customize,
and brand as their own, using the open source Hyku repository software.
One of the key features of the project will be to build better
functionality within Hyku to support multi-tenant workflows and the
customization of each tenant. (https://www.hykuforconsortia.org/
<https://www.hykuforconsortia.org/>)

To that end, we are seeking advice from someone with expertise in
accessibility auditing and design. We do not have support built into the
grant for accessibility improvements, but would like to at least be able
to either avoid creating more problems through our work and have a list
of improvements for a phase two. Our goal is to complete a self-audit,
based on the advice and guidance we are given, and have a plan for
implementing more significant improvements in the future.

We are seeking someone within the library software community interested
in volunteering a few hours of their time to help us develop a plan for
auditing our current product and ensuring accessibility is a part of
future developments. This is not a funded position, but could be of
interest to anyone interested in a research project or in improving the
accessibility of the Hyku software. Our project team is composed of four
members from two different consortia, each with a staff of less than 10.
We are hoping to find someone within the community who might be
interested in a small volunteer project to help fill in some gaps in our
expertise.

--
Gretchen Gueguen
Digital Projects and Communications Manager