Dear DLF,

The Yale University Library's Born Digital Description Task Force is pleased to announce that we have completed Yale-wide guidelines regarding the arrangement and description of born-digital material, in accordance with descriptive standards and best practices.

We welcome you to review the guidelines, if they are of interest to you. Here is a link: https://guides.library.yale.edu/bddescriptionguidelines

The Guidelines are based on Describing Archives: A Content Standard, and are heavily informed by the UC Guidelines for Born-Digital Archival Description<https://github.com/uc-borndigital-ckg/uc-guidelines>, the University at Buffalo Processing and Description: Digital Material Guidelines<https://research.lib.buffalo.edu/processing/as-digitalobjects>, Northwestern University Library's Born-Digital Archival Description Guidelines for Distinctive Collections, and conversations with colleagues at the Canadian Centre for Architecture; Duke University Libraries; Emory University's Stuart A. Rose Manuscript, Archives, and Rare Book Library; the Guggenheim Museum; Harvard Library; Princeton University Libraries; Stanford University; University of Pennsylvania Libraries; University of Pittsburgh Libraries; and the University of Texas at Austin Libraries. Thank you to everyone who has consulted with us as we drafted our guidelines -- we are very grateful for their time!

Questions, comments, and suggestions should be directed to the Yale University Library Archival and Manuscript Description Committee<https://web.library.yale.edu/committees/amdc>.

Sincerely,
Jonathan Manton, for the Born Digital Description Task Force

Born Digital Description Task Force
Alison Clemens, Yale University Library, Manuscripts and Archives (co-chair)
Matthew Gorham, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library (co-chair)
Jonathan Manton, Yale University Library, Irving S. Gilmore Music Library
Cate Peebles, Yale Center for British Art
Jessica Quagliaroli, Yale University Library, Manuscripts and Archives