We are pleased to announce that JHOVE 1.24 is now available to download. JHOVE is an open source file format identification, validation and characterisation tool for digital preservation, and part of the OPF reference toolset

This community release incorporates the global contributions made during our development and document hack weeks, held during 2019, as well as independent contributions. We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who contributed to and tested this release.

Major new features of this JHOVE 1.24 include:

Download JHOVE 1.24

Read the draft release notes

Subscribe to the JHOVE user mailing list

Feedback welcome

To report an issue or make a feature request please add it to the JHOVE issue tracker on GitHub or contact us.

About JHOVE

JHOVE is maintained by the Open Preservation Foundation. JHOVE is open source, free to download, to use and to modify. However, it is not free to host, maintain, support or develop. JHOVE is one of the most widely-used digital preservation tools, but currently, only OPF members support JHOVE financially as part of their membership fees. If you use JHOVE, please consider supporting its development by becoming an OPF member, or making a donation.

Kind regards,

Charlotte

--
Charlotte Armstrong | Project Officer | Open Preservation Foundation
Twitter: @openpreserve | Skype: charlotte.armstrong_7