Thanks Andreas Orphanide

It was a mere issue with file extension (.txt). Now the downstream program
is behaving perfectly well.
I performed with small set of 100 files and it worked well. I have gone
through the stackoverflow post but wondering why

mv *.csv *.txt is not working (I tried but failed).

Thanks and regards

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Professor, Department of Library and Information Science,
University of Kalyani, Kalyani - 741 235 (WB), India