From: "Digital Library Federation (DLF)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 10:22 AM
To: Gayle Schechter <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: April 22: Museums Cohort Call

View this email in your browser<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDAzNQ/index.html>.

[DLF Museums Cohort]<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDAzNg/index.html>

DLF Homepage<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDAzNw/index.html>

About the Museums Cohort<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDAzNg/index.html>

DLF Community Calendar<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDAzOA/index.html>

April Museums Cohort Meeting 4/22

[overlapping speech bubbles]<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDAzOQ/index.html>

Our next virtual Museums Cohort call takes place on Wednesday, April 22, 2020, at 11 am (Pacific) / 2 pm (Eastern).

Please note that we are now requiring a password for our Zoom meetings: DLFzoom

This month, we're welcoming Kraig Binkowski, Chief Librarian at the Reference Library and Archives of Yale's Center for British Art. Kraig will talk about the processes, workflows and systems used to create a resource for students and researchers that provides bibliographic citations for individual works of art in the museum’s collection. The bibliographic information is systematically entered into the TMS bibliography module and then harvested to their online collection search creating object-specific bibliographies that are the first stop for object research into the collections.

[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]
[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]
View the agenda and call-in info <http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDA0MA/index.html>
[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]
[https://www.informz.net/admin31/images/spacer.gif]

Looking Back / Looking Ahead

Last month: In March, we came together as a group to discuss how our institutions have been impacted by COVID-19. Be sure to check out the shared notes<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDA0MA/index.html> from that meeting for some resources that have been helpful to members of our community during these difficult times.

Next month: Do you have a topic you'd like us to cover, or a project you'd like to share for our meeting in May? We'd love to hear a presentation from our community, so email us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> and we can help you put one together.

Further ahead: In June, we plan to welcome Lotus Norton-Wisla, Digital and Community Outreach Archivist at Washington State University's Center for Digital Scholarship and Curation (CDSC) to discuss the exciting projects they work on there.

Tweeting about the Cohort? Use #DLFmuseums<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDA0MQ/index.html>!

[https://clir.informz.net/clir/data/images/1.png?cb=453892]

[facebook]<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDA0Mg/index.html>

[twitter]<http://clir.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0yOTM2NzAzJnA9MSZ1PTM5ODA2NjI4MSZsaT0yMzQ1NDA0Mw/index.html>