We're waiting to hear if the Research Forum on Tuesday, August 4 will be virtual this year - for now, here's the updated Call for Proposals. Hope you're doing ok and hope some of you can join us!
Nance
Co-chair, SAA Research Forum
pronouns: she/her

-----

MAY 15th DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS FOR THE SAA RESEARCH FORUM

On behalf of the 2020 Research Forum Program Committee, we invite you to submit abstracts (of 250 words or fewer) for either 10-minute platform presentations or poster presentations. Topics may address research on, or innovations in, any aspect of archives practice or records management in government, corporate, academic, scientific, or other setting. Special topics this year include: diversity and inclusion, our professional identity, research methods for archival science, and documenting crisis. The Research Forum will be held on Tuesday, August 4th this year. We will explore virtual options for the Research Forum if that becomes necessary.

Presentations on research results that may have emerged since the 2020 Joint Annual Meeting Call for Proposals deadline are welcome, as are reports on research completed within the past three years that you think is relevant and valuable for discussion. Please indicate whether you intend a platform or poster presentation. See the full call here: https://www2.archivists.org/am2020/research-forum-2020

Abstracts will be evaluated by the 2020 Research Forum Program Committee convened by Nance McGovern (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).

Deadline for submission of abstracts: May 15, 2020. You will be notified of the review committee's decision in advance of the Early-Bird registration deadline.

Proposals can be submitted online here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeKTDx8aK-xmwxTIe7BScVm1PfzdgJkLN_ScmzPQm_26ph8cw/viewform> and must include: Presentation title, your name and affiliation, email address, whether your proposal is for a platform or poster presentation, and an abstract of no more than 250 words.

Best,

Kate Neptune and Rebecca Thayer

SAA Research Forum Coordinators