From: "Dykas, Felicity A." <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 4/9/20 9:01 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [NDSA-STANDARDS] NDSA Standards and Practices - April 13 meeting

At our April meeting, the NDSA Standards and Practices Interest Group will host Jenny Mitcham, Head of Good Practice and Standards for the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC). She will speak about DPC’s Rapid Assessment Model which is used in assessing digital preservation capacity. We will have the opportunity to try it out with a short exercise, too.

When: Monday, April 13,  1:00 Eastern time (Noon Central, 10 Pacific).

Where: Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://clirdlf.zoom.us/j/796311805

Or

  US: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968 or +1 646 876 9923

  Meeting ID: 796 311 805

  International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/cmxhOlwc0

More details:

In this presentation Jenny Mitcham will introduce the Digital Preservation Coalition’s Rapid Assessment Model (RAM), a maturity model for digital preservation that was launched last September at iPRES 2019. Focused on continuous improvement, DPC RAM is designed to help any organization with a need to preserve digital content for the long term. It can be used to help you assess where you are and where you would like to be, and (best of all) it may take as little as one hour to complete. This presentation will provide some background to DPC RAM, explain what it is, and how and why it came about. It will also cover how RAM can be used as a starting point to help your organization move forward with digital preservation.

Bio: Jenny Mitcham is Head of Good Practice and Standards for the Digital Preservation Coalition (DPC), a membership organization based in the UK (but with an international outlook). She has been working at the DPC for just over a year, and has been a digital archivist since 2003.

NDSA Standards & Practices co-chairs:

Felicity Dykas – [log in to unmask]

Linda Reynolds - [log in to unmask]