Hi All,

With this survey, we are gathering important information for the 2021
Code4Lib Local Planning Committee (LPC). This survey will *inform* the 2021
organizers' decisions, but the survey results will *not* automatically lock
in a final decision on the 2021 conference's format.

As time has crawled since our 2019 conference, it became apparent that we
need more information to better serve our Code4Lib community when moving
forward during this extremely improvisational time. The 2020 LPC committee
and the folks from Concentra have been apart of this conversation in
formulating this survey. We checked with the University of Buffalo,
University Libraries group and they are generously willing to organize the
2021 Code4Lib conference even if it was fully remote.

Details such as if and how smaller in-person gatherings/viewings would
happen, and the logistics of a fully remote conference would be decided
later in the Code4Lib planning committees. We don't have all the answers
now, as comforting as it would be, but things will become clearer in time.
In the meantime, we're hoping to give the 2021 Code4Lib LPC as much help as
we can with this survey.

Best,
Mary

___